The complete EARNHARDT NATION info clearinghouse
EARNHARDT NATION is now in stores, and oh, are you in for a treat. We’ve got a whole ton of goodness planned surrounding the book launch and the opening weeks, and here’s your complete roundup of everything going on around the book’s release. To get up-to-the-minute updates, sign up for the email list right here.
WHERE TO BUY
EARNHARDT NATION is available in stores all over the country, including:
…and Wal-Marts, Targets, and other brick-and-mortar outlets. If you want it delivered right to your house or mobile device, you can also give one of the fine online outlets linked right here a go.
Want a copy of EARNHARDT NATION signed by the author? Hit me up! Signed copies are just $25, postage paid. You can send it via Paypal/credit card by using the link paypal.com/jaybusbee, or you can contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PUBLICITY: KIND WORDS, ARTICLES, PODCASTS
People have said some very kind things about the book so far. See what real live folks have been tweeting so far. Then continue with the advance praise from the back cover:
- Publisher’s Weekly: “Busbee smoothly integrates the Earnhardt family saga with the evolution of stock-car racing from its Southern bootlegger roots to its current status as a multibillion-dollar institution.” (PW also named the book one of its Top 10 Entertainment & Sports books for Spring 2016, right there with Hamilton.)
- Kirkus Reviews: “A tour de force of bravado … A smart look at an iconic but not necessarily admirable superstar and at what goes on behind the scenes in big-money sports.”
And some feature articles:
- “‘Earnhardt Nation’: A Q&A with author Jay Busbee,” NBC Sports
- “From Dale Earnhardt’s ‘bastard’ driving to his tough love with Dale Jr., the NASCAR star had no problem being the bad guy,” New York Daily News
- “‘Earnhardt Nation’ details complex Dale Earnhardt-Dale Jr. relationship,” SB Nation
Some podcasts, for your listening pleasure:
- Talking with my Yahoo bud Dan Wetzel on Wetzel to Forde about the book, old-school NASCAR, and beer-drinking at Daytona
- Chatting with Will Leitch of Sports on Earth about the intricacies of Dale Earnhardt’s celebrity and why a non-NASCAR fan would enjoy this book
- On my own podcast, Grandstanding, we went behind the scenes to discuss the writing process and ridiculous NASCAR names.
- Over at Friends of Tiger, Shane Ryan and I discuss the book, and I convince a golf writer to check out NASCAR!
- Atlanta radio stud Eric von Haessler has kicked off a new racing podcast, and I was honored to be one of the first guests.
Still not convinced you want to get this? We’ll fix that. Check out these excerpts below:
- “Keep your damn composure”: The wild, unlikely story of Dale Earnhardt’s first NASCAR championship, at Sports Illustrated’s The Cauldron
- “Dale’s humble beginnings”: How The Intimidator first started intimidating, over at NASCAR.com
- “Dale Earnhardt’s last days at Daytona”: The story of a fateful conversation between Dale Earnhardt and Dale Jarrett days before Earnhardt’s death, at Yahoo Sports
- “Dale the prankster”: How Dale Earnhardt played pranks on pretty much everyone, at NASCAR.com
I’ll be doing several signings around the South. I’ll read a bit, then answer some Qs, then sign pretty much anything you want … books, babies, what-have-you. Come see me at:
- Daytona Beach Barnes & Noble (across from the track), Saturday, Feb. 20, 2:00 p.m.
- Alpharetta (Ga.) Barnes & Noble, North Point Parkway, Wednesday, Feb. 24. 7:00 p.m.
- Atlanta Motor Speedway, Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 27 and 28, 9:00 a.m.
- Williamsburg Barnes & Noble (Newtown), Sunday, March 6, 2:00 p.m.
- Richmond Barnes & Noble (Chesterfield Town Center), Monday, March 7, 7:00 p.m.
- Further dates TBA
If you’re interested in getting a signed copy, email me directly.
AND LAST …
Thank you, thank you. I can’t express my appreciation enough for your support. This has been a project more than two years in the making, and I know you’re going to dig it. See you soon!